ISLAMABAD: Forty-six member Federal Cabinet of Interim Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi took oath at a ceremony at Aiwan-e-Sadr in Islamabad on Friday.
The cabinet includes 28 federal ministers and 18 ministers of state.
Yesterday, a 47-member cabinet was finalised by PML-N leadership; however, due to the refusal of Daniyal Aziz to take oath, the number of cabinet members stood at 46.
Reports said Daniyal Aziz had arrived to take oath but got angry when the PML-N leader knew that he has been given the portfolio of State Minister, instead of Federal Minister.
The cabinet members and their portfolios are:
1. Ishaq Dar, Federal Minister of Finance
2. Khawaja Asif, Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs
3. Ahsan Iqbal, Interior Minister
4. Khurram Dastgir, Defense Minister
5. Sardar Muhammad Yousaf, Minister for Religious Affairs
6. Saad Rafique: Minister of Railways
7. Sheikh Aftab, Minister of Parliamentary Affairs
8. Abdul Qadir Baluch, Minister of SAFRON
9. Baleegh Ur Rehman, Education and Training
10. Akram Durrani, Minister of Housing
11. Riaz Hussain Pirzada, Minister for Inter Provincial Coordination
12. Mushaid Ullah, Minister of Climate Change
13. Kamran Michael, Minister for Port and Shipping
14. Pervez Malik, Minister for Commerce and Trade
Others who sworn in as the federal ministers included Barjees Tahir, Parvaiz Malik, Zahid Hamid, Mumtaz Ahmed Tarar, Salahuddin Tirmizi and Rana Tanveer.
While Ministers of States are Tariq Fazal Chaudhry , Mohsin Shah Nawaz Ranjha, Marriyum Aurangzeb, Pir Ameer ul Hasnat, Anusha Rahman, Jam Kamal Khan, Talal Chuadhry, Barrister Usman Ibrahim, Junaid Anwaar Chaudhary, Abdul Rehman Kanjo, Awais Laghari, Ghalib Khan, Ayaz Shirazi, Chaudhry Jafar Iqbal, Dostain Khan and Saira Afzal Tarar. - Samaa